1. Know when it is a good time to be sorry. It’s appropriate to say something when someone has received bad news, or you’ve really made life difficult for someone else. However, a lot of the time an apology is not required. Learn to know the difference between the two occasions.
2. Notice who you tend to apologize to. Are there certain people who undermine your confidence, or who leave you feeling as if you’re always wrong? In those situations, you’re allowing someone else to act as if they’re more important than you.
3. Try to notice when you’re starting to apologize. Habits are often hard to recognize. They’re usually automatic, and we’re only semi-conscious of patterns we fall into, and things we tend to say. For example, do you repeatedly find yourself saying sorry for someone else’s mistakes? Do you tend to just say sorry to stop an argument?
4. Try and look for the roots, or the need, you’re covering up. For example, perhaps an authority figure (parent, teacher, older sibling, coach) used to get angry if you didn’t “just shut up” or take the blame. Alternatively, you may feel you can’t really share the way you feel – so you just apologize and repress your true emotions.
5. Related to the above, consider how your drive to apologize to others is likely to affect you much further down the road. For example it is likely that you’re building up a heap of grievances, or you may pull back from get close to those you love.
6. Decide to establish and enforce your boundaries, and to say “no” to others – without also saying “sorry”!
I was sitting in the break room at work today and apparently I had this really dopey looking smile on my face and one of my coworkers leans over and says “I know that smile. You’re thinking about your crush aren’t you? I’ve been married 36 years, I can tell.”
I was thinking about Star Trek.
Okay never say that period pains aren’t that bad because one time I had an ovarian cyst that burst before they found it, and when the doctor saw how big it was, he asked me, “How were you not screaming in pain?”
And my response was, “Oh, I thought they were just cramps.”
CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE HOW MUCH OF A MINDFUCK THAT WOULD BE TO A BABY THO
She sitting there like “my life has been a lie.”
If you’re dad
And HE’S dad…
WHO’S FLYING THE PLANE
"…Wait a goddamn minute here…"
How to watch the Shamy kiss: A step by step guide by Queen Penny.
but you’re made of ice
well if you walked into a cave made of human flesh you would be surprised too
i see u lil punk ass bitch
If I’m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.
-Hayao Miyazaki (x)
Upcoming movies of 2014 (part I)
This is the single most amazing thing I have ever seen [x]
Okay, so which demon did you seek your soul to?
No you know what fuck you this is some kind of sorcery bullshit fuck you and your perfect art I quit I’m done fuck this
aren’t we going to talk about the top comment?
Yeah….I’m just gonna put this here.
God damn it Misha